Something For Everyone!
Do you have a spot in your schedule where you just can't make up your mind? Well, the program planning team thinks the following presentations deserve a closer look.
- The "Lost" Wisconsin - Minnesota State Line
Wednesday, May 23: 2:30-3:30 pm, Bryan Meyer
- UMGEOCON Hosts - Lightning Round
Wednesday, May 23: 4:00-5:00 pm, UMGEOCON Host Organizations
- GIS in the County Emergency Operation Center (EOC)
Thursday, May 24: 9:00-9:30 am, Randy Knippel
- Empowering Communities & Classrooms On the Value of Remote Sensing
Thursday, May 24: 9:30-10:00, Dan Bertalan
- Petascale High Performance Computing
Thursday, May 24: 10:30-Noon, Panel
There are two panels brimming with expertise about topics which will directly impact your future in the geospatial community.
Absolutely free - absolutely amazing. Separate signup required using link available on the "Registration" page.
- Introduction to Python/ArcPy for Automating Geoprocessing and Map Production in ArcGIS
John DeGroote, University of Northern Iowa
- Leveraging Amazon Web Services
Mark Korver, Amazon Web Services
- Making a Complete WebGIS Application with GeoMoose 3
Dan Little, Boundless Geospatial
- U.S. National Grid (USNG)
Randy Knippel, Dakota County Minnesota GIS
There are some incredibly talented geographers out there who know how to tell the story of "where" with a poster. Get ready to let the world know who you are at UMGEOCON.
Currently being organized. Details soon.
Self Organized Meetings
Need to conduct a meet-up or small group business meeting? The common areas of the UW-L Student Union are the perfect solution.
Dedicated classroom space available upon request and subject to availability for code sprints, regional meetings (USGS, EPA, etc.), or similar.
- May 23 - 7:30-11:30 am
- May 24: 1:00-5:00 pm